Sunday, July 30, 2006

the feedbacks

I decided to like, kumpul them reviews regarding the EP..haha.. need a break from studies, so decided to do this..lolz..yes,it might not have been done by some famous magazine or journalist, but all this still means alot to me.. and since they do help promote my EP on their blog, might as well promote them too.. hehe.. thanks yall..

1. Damien The Overdresser Review
The First Verse EP is independently produced album by Yin Yang who is a friend cum senior of mine. Always knew this guy had talent and would one day go far. The day is slowly arriving.
Picture a rapper with a phD la wei. Wicked.

This is one damned well locally produced album. Sound quality is of good standards. Yin Yang's un-local-sounding voice hides the fact that he is actually a local rapper. The songs too were well written, all containing well constructed lyrics.

I dont know much about Rap music and I dont really have any interest in it, but I was listening attentively to The First Verse EP from the momment I pressed the play button. Maybe because the beats that Yin Yang uses varies from song to song. For one example, in the track, "Say Goodbye", Yin Yang uses acoustic-like beats to present his emotions along with the lyrics. I like creativity.

I think the only problem with The First Verse EP is that it's not long enough. Once u start enjoying the music, the outro plays and it's not much of a song.

Tracklist :
1. Southside feat Big Ben
2. Rain feat Schizzow
3. Say Goodbye feat Jay' & Vixxstarr
4. Move It
5. Asian Beauty
6. Outro

Playing time : 21 minutes 71 seconds

I give this album two thumbs up. Yin Yang tells me that Fly FM might play his songs soon. So that gives you an idea on the standard of this album.

2. Emceedavid's (Dude is the next big thing in local music.. trust me) Review

Artist: Ying Yang
Title: The First Verse EP
Release Date: June 2006

Tracklisting:
1. Southside ft. big Ben
2. Rain ft. Schizzow
3. Say Goodbye ft. Jay’ & Vixxstarr
4. Move it
5. Asian Beauty
6. Outro

Review:
This young rapper from JB City has been recording for the longest time now. As far as I remember, he was one of the earlier ones back at The-Bazement.com to start home recording. He has been featured on both the Malaysian Fusion X compilations.

The First Verse EP marks Yin’s debut solo appearance on a release. My personal favourites on this EP is Rain and Asian Beauty. Notably also is the beat from Say Goodbye. I am not sure who made it, but it has a good vibe to it. The catchy hook on Move It also makes you certain this rapper will be recognized by the masses soon enough.

Ying Yang’s flow and lyrics have improved by leaps and bounds and it will be interesting to see how he goes forward from here. To me, the mere fact that an effort was made to put something out is enough to get my respect and admiration. Mainstream success may be still some way to go, but The First Verse is a good step forward.

----------------------------

No comments: