Monday, August 04, 2008

Texas Hold Em




Been awhile since I blogged, but I guess Imma drop a quick post cuz Ive got free time now. Just finished tut, and will be free till 3.30 pm tmr.. its 11.30 Am now.. so thats ALOT of time to kill.

Okayz, so lets talk bout Texas Hold Em Poker. Such an addictive game right, dont understand why anyone would wanna play blackjack or tai di after having played poker, because this one just involves so much more strategy, and is not only based on luck. You get ur 2 cards by chance, but the rest of it takes alot of skill.

So last Thursday I joined my Uni's Medicine Poker Tournament or smth ar, and it was for charity, with like, a 200 dollar medical book as the main prize. I basically signed up for fun la, and prolly din expect much cuz theres alot of serious poker players over here, and this was pretty much my first tournament. I do however, have alot of experience on Facebook to bank on. Im ranked 'Big Dog' over there, with 4 stars baybeh!

Prolly around 60 to 70 ppl turned up I guess, and it was a pretty good experience. Dear didnt turn up however, cuz she's still learning the game (at that time, but now quite pro dy.lol). So we started off with 7 tables I think, and guess who made it to the final table XD XD.. I almost went bust after like, 20 mins in the first round, but I guess I got lucky towards the end la. And this is the only time being a Malaysian in an ang moh country would benefit you, cuz everyones scared of you if you go all in. LOL.

So it was final table time, and there was like 8 of us left. And then it got down to 6. I knew I had to act sooner or later as the blinds were raising too quick, and I decided to push the current leader whose stack of chips was prolly twice or three times more than mine.



This was the hand I had. Pocket aces. everybody called first, before I decided on going all in. Only one guy matched me tho, and when we both opened our cards. He had a pair of Queens, and I was feeling lucky. Guess what card came out on the flop tho, another Queen. damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn tulannnnn.. So that was it, no top 4 placing to get any prize, with a hand that I honestly thought I had played smart enough.

Thats poker for you I guess, and number 6 isnt that bad. Dear is learning fast, and I guess we can be the dynamic duo!!! heh heh.

Ok, time to get ready to go out for lunch. Chowzzzzz

No comments: