Monday, December 31, 2007

Year End Recap

~Andrew~
Decided to make a quick post, in celebration of 2007 coming to an end and with 2008 approaching.. Yes, its that typical year end post where I do a quick recap of everything that has come & gone..And its so if you happen to have no internet connection over the past year and would like to see what has happened, I am actually saving you the time of having to go thru the archives.. Yes, I know... how thoughtful..

January

When all hope seems to have been lost, dear got an offer into the Uni of Newcastle!! This was pretty last min, coming at a time when both of us were so unsure of what the future holds.. Getting rejected by IMU, then getting accepted by IMU, then trying to persuade my dad that IMU is better than Newcastle, and then finally tellin em I'll go newcastle lah.. Shit was crazy at that moment, so many quarrels..

February

Coming to Newcastle.. Didnt really like it at first, actually, i still dont really like it as much as I thought I would.. Its still alright tho, especially with dear by my side.. cooking together, washing clothes, cleaning up the room.. goddamn, feel like a house-maid at times. But its still a new experience, having to be independant and all. Makes you learn to appreaciate home just a lil bit more. heh

March

March was errrrm.. the time we both had settled in and gotten use to living in Australia I guess..




Reptile park trip was nice. Was able to get up close with kangaroos and koalas .. Afterall, thats wat Australia is all about anyways.. Lookin at this pic, im wondering where those shorts of mine are now.. i dont remember seeing them at all for 2nd sem, and its not at home... hmmmmm


Our first time drinking out in Aussie, during first incision... You can tell dear's not a really good drinker, or mebe she drank too much during that day. lol. well, thats another thing that Australia is about.. yes, if I could sum it up, Australia's all bout kangas, koalas, booze and beaches.
April


First time we went to Sydney, besides the time when we landed @ the airport la, but that doesnt count. Easter break was fun, 2 weeks, rite in the middle of the sem, so u wudnt feel like u had to study cuz exams were like, sometime more. We walked so much while we were in Sydney until kaki oso pain wei. Spent our first week over there, while 2nd week was spent chilling in Newcastle. dear bought her DS Lite during this period of time too! haha.. realy seems like it was just yesterday.

May

Liverpool won Chelsea in the semi finals, only to lose to Ac Milan in the finals. THAT sums up May for me.. lol. I watched the finals on tv live smore, only to be heartbroken by a rather sloppy game. Devastatings... May also marked the end of tutorials for first sem, after all the hospital visits, media production classes, basketball matches.. Shit was tiring..
June
June was alotta things.. First, it was exam period!


Didnt know what to study, how to study.. In fact, I still dunno how to study for subjects like Prof Prac up till today. Alot of it is based on hentam skills I guess...



There was that thunderstorm which felt like it was going to destroy our whole house. And it almost did, if that tree had tumbled the other way, it would prolly have landed rite thru the kitchen.. You could feel the whole house shaking when the wind would blow at night.. And the rain continued non stop for 3 or 4 days.. even uni was closed for awhile..
Also in June.. we touched down in Malaysia =) Even tho the break was short ( 3 weeks???), we managed to head up to KL for a little hollie of our own. hehe. How many movies did we watch while we were at KL ar? there was that surfing penguin, transformers, the thai horror show, and i think theres another comedy wan.. mebe not... hmm cant remember.. but it was def fun!

July

I came up to Aussie, and next day dear left Aussie for Malaysia. First time we would not be seeing each other for ages. It also marked the start where we would webcam for almost everyday. Being alone in a foreign country isnt easy, and now that I look back. I guess I managed to keep myself occupied thanks to the busy scheduele and by playing basketball and ps2. Dear was great the whole time as well, understanding that I do sleep pretty early no thanks to the time difference. Eg. I would sleep at 11 while its still 8pm in Malaysia. lolz.
August
August.. hmm, what did I do??? My life was pretty much the same and much more monotonous compared to first sem.. I started my abdominal examination practice at hospital round this time, and what blows was the fact that the hospital is a 1 hour ++ drive from Uni. They seem to just randomly assign which hospital you go to tho, so we was the unlucky ones having to travel so far. I did learn a fair bit tho, most of which Ive forgotten by now..

September

September was the month where Malaysia Post Office decided to rip my wallet off a few hundred ringgit. I had posted dear's presents 2 weeks b4 her birthday, and till today it has yet to arrive. Apparently Malaysia's post office has a habit of doing this as Ive seen similar reports of items being lost. I am not going to post any exp items anymore, and if I do, its gon be fedex. Pfftttt.. It was also the start of my mid sem break, which was spent nerding out and studying. I still believe that i wasted my time studying as I went thru everything again when exams were approaching and realised that I was reading for fun and not hafaling anything..
October
October simply marked more studying for me, with exams on the first week of November if I remember correctly. was getting jealous of dear cuz she was enjoying herself over in JB. It was a weird feeling tho, I wanted to quickly go home , but didnt want exam to come so fast. If I wasnt studyin, I was prolly in the gym running or playin ball.. And I tried to save as much time as I could, stockin up on alotta instant food ..

November --> Now

Finally home :) I was only lookin forward to one thing, going home. Even during the day of the last paper, I spent more time thinkin bout wat Im going to do in Malaysia than preparing for the exam. There is no better feeling than cleaning up, packing ur bags, knowing that you'll be home in a few days time. I had no problems waking up at 5 am, ready to catch a train at 6 to Sydney, and rushing to the airport.




Back together again XD ! That was a day after I landed. hehe. I even managed to pass both my exams, and have been enjoying my hollies to the fullest. Its already been a month and a half since Im back, and I definitely would rather stay here than go back to Oz. But its all good tho, the next time im flying off, dear's gon be with me. hehe.
Time sure did pass very fast, and I can only hope that next year goes the same. Not too sure if we're comin back during the July break, but I wish we can la.. 2007 has been a year full of highs and lows for the both of us, but I still enjoyed it. Its always nice to have a change, so going to Aussie wasnt too bad afterall. Happy New Year to everyone, cheers and hope you guys have a good 2008.
PS: did i mention that dear now has a Wii and I have a Ps3? will blog bout it next time... dope sials

No comments: