Saturday, March 15, 2008

On my previous trip back to Malaysia, I was the driver for alot of friends ( although i wasnt so pro la) . One trip of sending one of my good frens back sparked a pretty witty conversation.

It went a little something like this, as far as I can recall

* inserts point blanc CD into the player*

Friend: Eh nice wei this song.. He last time Poetic Ammo wan right?
Me : yeap yeap
Friend : Thats why I like Poetic Ammo more than Too Phat la.. Poetic Ammo sounds more lke American, while Too Phat they all still sound very malay la.. beats oso all sound very 'local-ish'.
Me : * long pause * and continues convo..

So this friend of mine ( a Malaysian no doubt), doesnt like Too Phat because they sound local? I guess thats really the reason why Malaysia music might never actually go big, when every other average joe wants our music to be identical to what they hear on the radio, while musicians are trying their best to sound themselves, adding a little bit of local flava along with it. num sayins..

Sadly enough, I wwas unable to bring my recording equipment along, cuz it would be excess baggage then.. And then I realised dear brought 28kg along altho the limit was 20kg! wtffffz.. dahla I had to leave a pair of shoes back home, Air Force Ones smore.. sayang la.

In footballing news,



Torres has become a monster in the English league. On his first season in England, he has managed to score 20+ goals, a rare accomplishment for anyone coming from another country with different playing styles and all. He and Gerrard alone have carried Liverpool on their shoulders the whole season, and I guess with another quality signing ( a winger perhaps? ), the puzzle would be completed and we would challenge for the English League next year. Torres single handedly destroyed Inter Milan in the 2 legs, not only with the sole-goal last wednesday but also in his role in getting Materrazi (of Zidane's headbutt fame) sent off. The way he's performing right now, you cant deny he might be able to score a goal every game. Thats the truth.

Been blogging this whole time with a book on my lap. Suppose to be studying , while dear's webcamming with her fam. Such a homey person isnt she? heh. Back to pharmacology now. Peace & safety

No comments: