Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Whats next...

~Andrew~

I constantly succeed in failing, and I'll always be the one that fails to succeed... catch my drift??
life's thrown everything at me.. seriously, everything that I ever thought could happen, has happened..ive had my fair share of highs, and also equal amount of lows.. trust me, I've been through ALOT, and good thing is that I've been able to pick myself up everytime.. one thing that I never was able to get over tho was the lost in MSSD last year, which I still take the blame for.. how i wish I could stay on for another year..

nevertheless, lets move on..i feel like reflecting today.. just wanna write non stop as it takes my mind off things..
music has always been a big part of my life, to the point where I need music to focus when studying (altho dear doesnt like me putting headphones on.. hmph!! jpjp)...the radio in my room was on throughout the whole night during my primary school days, till my parents thought it was the main cause for the landslide of my results.. and when they took the radio away, a big part of me felt missing, but thank god i found out I could stream them radio broadcasts online..I never had no music background tho.. my dad tried to get me into playing the electronic keyboard when I was in primary 2 i think, but I never did touch that, basically because I wasnt interested in it..

everything changed tho, when rap music came bout and Eminem's vid was constantly on rotation..pop culture changed, boy bands /girl bands werent the in thing anymore,and teenage pop stars lost appeal...all because of a white dude that does black music... how ironic right..and it so happened that I came across a forum with wannabe rappers on it, where everyone wrote their own stuff and presented it on the net for others to give thoughts on..thats how I found rap music, and thats how I got into it..Im proud of what Ive achieved over these 6 years tho, and its not about the albums Im featured on or the EP that I independantly released and pushed.. its because of the fact that I learnt how to use all them programs for recording, how to even setup the mic to the pc, how to construct them lyrics.. trust me when I say that Ive written bout 100's of pieces already and presented it to the net, and criticisms were always there.. but it comes to a point tho, now..where I ask myself.. "How much further can I go ??" i wanna end it here, but i feel that the EP wasnt a right way to close this chapter of my life.. I know that I can present something much better, and I know that its possible.. but why??
they say its not who you are, but its who you know..

No comments: